Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Look What I Did!

I went to favorite hangout, Walmart, and found this spider plant for sale for $5! I was so excited. Of course it was damaged from the sun, but that's okay because it is quite resilient. Plus it has all these babies, which brings me to my point. I propagated the babies. At first I used disposable cupcake molds and only did 4 of them, because that's all I had.

I then remembered that I had come silicon cupcake molds and decided to use them instead. I have 9 total now. I am so excited to watch them root and grow into individual plants.


When my spider babies grown up I will put one in each room and then probably give the rest away to family and friends. After all, these aren't even all the babies. I am just waiting for the other ones to grown larger.



2 comments:

  1. That is really interesting Kesha...I never would have thought to keep the babies attached to the mama even after propagating them in the soil...is that what you did? Does that help them? What a cool idea with the baking cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I did. I read that is the way to do it. I don't know if I am impatient or they are slow do to a lack of rooting motivation, but it seem to be that none of them have any roots. Now I have one that I moved to just a pan of water to see how that works. If you know a better way, let me know.

    ReplyDelete