Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Reason for Homeschooling

Okay, so yesterday I discovered that my dd was being bullied by one girl and manipulated by the other. I asked her why she didn't tell me about it. I was shocked because the little girl that was bullying her is the same little girl that was all in my face smiling and talking when I did two programs for their class. I told her that I could only imagine what the must've felt like to see this save mean little girl talking and laughing with your mother.

I called and talked to the teacher and asked that they be separated as much as possible. The issue is that girls bullying a very verbal but undetectable way. They isolate the target by telling the other girls not to talk to her or be her friend. At this point the target is easily manipulated into doing whatever is asked of them. To say the least I wasn't feeling really saved and washed in the blood of the Lamb at that point. I had to remember to "be angry, but SIN NOT!" Anyhoo. Another reason to homeschool I guess. It's not that I think that I can avoid every negative encounter, but this is certainly one that she didn't have to endure for almost a whole year before she told me. I can deal with a lot of things, but this one hurt me.

Oh by the way my ds decided that he wanted to homeschool too. Pray for us. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment