Monday, June 15, 2009

First day

We watched 2 movies today, because my niece was over and we wanted to entertain her first. Right now they are doing there spelling work. David has a list of 8 words to write 3 times and Mari has a list of 15 to write 3 times in cursive. Next we do math, geography (using What Your K/3rd Grader Needs To Know), and then on to learning sign language.

I also plan to have all of us learn Swahili. They can learn Spanish later. I would like to honor something closer to our heritage first. I will probably go over numbers with ds and do multiplication drills with dd and then we will be finished for now.

Earlier I took my little niece outside to play in a new kiddie pool that her mom bought and she was having no parts of it. Of course dd and ds were playing in it. They had fun although they looked silly with the both of them trying to fit.

Y'all please feel free to give as much advice as possible. Thank you so much in advance.

3 comments:

  1. By this time next year EVERYTHING will be a breeze.....(Sike) Honestly, as a fairly new homeschooler (almost a year) there is nothing as rewarding nor as challenging (besides parenting/marriage) as this journey will be. Charlotte is a WONDERFUL place to homeschool. You can definitely DO THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It went pretty well, considering I let my ds eat a piece of cake in the middle. What was I thinking? I was suddenly made of rubber and bouncing off the walls. Dd, however, was a perfect angel...this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you are doing just fine. Enjoy it... :-)

    ReplyDelete