Saturday, March 14, 2009

Christian Homeschooling

Now let me preface this by saying that I know next to nothing about homeschool, because I haven't started yet. I have continued to think about how I want to "do" this. Of course because we are followers of Christ we want our children to continue on this same path. I read one blog where the lady didn't teach her children biblical lessons because she said that they learned enough such things in Sunday school. Then I have looked at other blogs where the people do bible lessons as a part of homeschool. That brings me to my thoughts on the matter.

First of all I don't even like church anymore. There is too much foolishness going on. I read my bible and I have a closer relationship with God now more than ever. Every time our children have gone to Sunday school they come back with some warped lesson that we have to reteach or unteach. Needless to say that I can't depend on Sunday school to teach them the Word. I think that I would like for them to learn about God through everyday lessons instead of waiting until Sunday comes and expect someone else to do the job. Because we believe that God is everything and is in everything that is how I would like it to be applied in our lessons. It is our job to train our children in the way they should go so that when they are old they will not depart from it.

This is also a part of why I know I can do this. I just don't that God would give us children that we are unable to teach. If there is a subject that I feel deficient in then I will ask for outside help, but they are our responsibility. We have to keep God at the center of our lives. We have to do His will. I know that this is His will for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment